Goodman & Griffin – Mississauga, ON
An established boutique Law Firm in downtown Mississauga is seeking a full time Associate in its Real Estate Department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reviewing and evaluating files to determine appropriate actions and next steps;
- Reviewing and drafting correspondence;
- Communicating and reporting to clients;
- Monitoring and implementing changes to precedents, procedures and policies to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, regulations, and client directives;
- Provide proactive and comprehensive solutions to optimize procedures and workflow;
- Management of escalated files – from initial escalation to final reporting;
- Managing critical deadlines;
- Licensed and in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- Excellent academic credentials
- 5 years + in Residential Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate
- Wills & Estates
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communications skills
- Effective use of Computer systems for the generation of reports scheduling and client database management including PCLaw, Conveyancer. Fast Company, Wordperfect, Word
- Sound knowledge of Ontario Law
- Good organizational skills and capacity to be detail oriented,
- High level of integrity and professional accountability
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills;
- Organized and efficient in a fast paced environment;
- Effective negotiator with excellent judgement and conflict resolution skills;
- Team player capable of communicating effectively with associates, senior partners, directors, managers, clerks and administrative staff; and
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as able to work well in a team.
- Strong relationship building skills with an emphasis on practice development
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good judgement and business sense
- Marketing experience
This role represents a great opportunity for right applicant within a dynamic and challenging environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the selection criteria please click here to send your resume.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those granted an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time